There’s hardly a soul who would like to flaunt missing teeth. And why should they be when there are new-age solutions available? Dentures have given way to new age, smarter and more permanent options in the form of implants. With a sophisticated titanium post assuming the role of “tooth root”, it is known for the comfort that it provides and the appearance that they have.
Why Go for Dental Implants?
There is more than one reason why people go for implants over other lines of treatment. For anything else:
- It helps to prevent the issues that you have while chewing foods.
- When you have a decaying tooth and do not have any other option but to extract it.
- You want to enhance the aesthetics of the mouth.
- It is helpful when you are looking for a stable and more durable option than dentures.
Many dentists offer dental implants Chicago as per the needs and budgets of the patients.
The Three Main Parts
There are three major parts of a dental implant:
- The Body of The Implant:usually, new-age dentists choose titanium bodies. They are surgically placed in, usually above the jawbone. However, in some cases, your dentist might place it on the jawbone, as well. With time passing, your mouth would fuse to accommodate the body of the implant. You can think that with this, the body of the implant assumes the shape of the “root” of the tooth.
- Abutment: also called the post, this is the 2nd part of your dental implant. In most cases, this part is made from titanium, as well. Dentists set abutments inside the body of the implant. It states secured to your body. The post remains in the place where the artificial tooth would sit.
- The Crown:it assumes the structure and shape of your missing teeth. Dentists would place the crown over the post. You can choose a crown from various materials. These include resin, ceramics, and porcelain, among other materials.
When Should You Go for Endosteal Implants?
It is one of the most popular types of procedures that centers offering dental implants in Chicago offer. In this process, your dentist would screw the cost of the implant into the jawbone. With time, your implant body would fuse with the jawbone and act together.
Who goes for single-tooth procedures?
This is the go-to process only if you want an implant or replacement for a single tooth. It is helpful if you have a decayed, chipped, or somehow damaged tool that needs an extraction.
When suprameral implants are necessary?
This can be your option in case your jawbone is not strong enough to support standard implant procedures. Using this procedure, your dentist would screw the implant inside your gum. With time, your implant body and gum would fuse together and work as a single unit.
Should you go for Multi-Tooth Procedure?
If you have already lost a few teeth but do not want to replace the entire teeth set, then this procedure comes in handy. You might want to consider this type of implant due to cosmetic reasons or to treat any specific mouth health issues.
There are different types of dental implants available nowadays, each having its own set of pros and cons. It might be tricky to determine which option would work best for you for the best. And this is why it always makes sense to consult your local dental implant Chicago centers.